Due to increased demand, McIntyre’s Tools & Equipment are seeking to recruit a Workshop Technician to work within our busy power tool workshop.
Working specifically on the service and repair of Power Tools used in both a professional and DIY capacity, the role is full time and based at our brand-new, state of the art head office in Upperlands.
As a fast-paced, hands-on role, we are seeking someone who can work swiftly, efficiently and accurately, whilst adhering to set business standards and meeting daily targets. The successful candidate should be organised, methodical, and have a tidy approach to work. They will possess good communication skills and be computer literate.
If you have the know-how and experience, we require and you are seeking a long-term career opportunity offering a friendly work environment, we would like to hear from you.
Founded in 1958, the McIntyre Group is a family owned business located in Upperlands, Northern Ireland incorporating 3 companies, E.McIntyre & Sons Ltd, MacGen Power Generation Ltd and Frenstar Ltd, as well as 1 wholly owned tool brand, Jefferson Professional Tools & Equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Carrying out inspections on faulty tools to diagnose the problem(s)
- Produce a list of parts or materials needed to carry out the repair using the manufacturer’s diagrams
- Provide customers with quotations via phone or email
- Carry out the repair or refurb of machines as agreed with customers
- Inspect and test completed repairs to ensure that machines are fixed to the highest standard and are safe to use again
All the above responsibilities apply to a range of tools, from a simple cordless drill, to a large SDS breaker. McIntyre’s repair many brands of power tool, including HiKoki, Metabo, Jefferson, Dewalt, Makita, Paslode, Bosch and many more.
- Previous training or experience repairing power tools preferred
- Electrically qualified
Location: Brand New Head Office, Upperlands
Job Type: Fulltime
Hours of Work: Mon to Thu 8.30am – 5.00pm, Fri 8.30am – 4.00pm
Salary: Dependent on experience
- Pension Contributions
- Onsite parking
- Employee discount
To apply: send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org